The Project: “E-learning and ICT in Support of Human Resource Development in the Cross-border Region (e-Support)” is conducted by the Association Business Information and Consulting Center – Sandanski, Bulgaria and Centre for Development and Promotion PROMO IDEA – Strumica, and is funded by IPA Cross-border Programme between Republic of Bulgaria and Republic of Macedonia.
This project includes mutual effect, fostering favorable conditions for social inclusion, economic development and human resources development in the tourist sector and benefit on the CB region.
The project activities are defined in accordance with the general objective of the CBC programme between Bulgaria – Macedonia. The project will be implemented in the period from 19 December 2013 to 18 December 2014.
Lead Partner/ PP1: Association Business Information and Consulting Center – Sandanski, Bulgaria
Partner/ PP2: Center for development and promotion Promo Idea – Strumica, Macedonia
Priority Axis 1: Economic Development and Social Cohesion
Area of intervention 1.2: Social Cohesion
Type of measure: Soft
Duration: 12 months
Total budget: 97.242,64 Euro
EU co-funding: 82.656,24 Euro
The overall objective is to promote social cohesion in the cross-border regions of Bulgaria and Macedonia through the establishment and implementation of a set of joint measures, activities and mechanisms in support of human resource development in the field of tourism.
- To support the human resource management in the tourism sector by creating a common strategic plan for human resource management and development;
- To build capacity and to improve knowledge and practical skills of human resources in the field of tourism;
- To promote cooperation and to build linkages between employers, business support organizations and educational institutions working in the field of tourism;
- To put in practice innovative means for learning and adapting of human resources in the field of tourism;
- To support social cohesion and best practice exchange in the field of tourism by promoting and preserving local and traditional cuisine and culinary practices of the cross-border region of Bulgaria and Macedonia.
- SMEs working in or related to the tourism industry in the target cross-border region
- Tourist agencies working the target cross-border region
- Business Support organizations, NGOs, branch associations and other organizations that are conducting their activities in relation to the tourism industry development
- Educational institutions of the border region such as universities, technical high schools (with tourism profile), training and vocational training organizations
- Developed Human Resources Development Strategy in Tourist Sector;
- Developed and delivered personalized “E-tourism Training Programme” including e-learning training modules and content for enhancing knowledge and practical skills of human resources in the field of tourism;
- Trained and enhanced skills of management and administrative staff of tourism businesses working in the target CB region of Bulgaria and Macedonia (hotels and restaurant owners, private accommodations, fast-food providers, pastries, bakeries, food producers, etc)
- Trained and enhanced skills of general and specialized personnel of tourism businesses working in the target CB region of Bulgaria and Macedonia; experts, representatives , students at business Support organizations, NGOs, branch associations; universities, technical high schools (with tourism profile), training and vocational training organizations; etc.
- Developed, applied and promoted innovative tools in support of human resource development, training and adaptation; (E-learning programme; Web-portal; E-library; Application for mobile devices; Catalogue of local and traditional cuisine;
Lead Partner: Business Information and Consulting Center – Sandanski
Association Business Information and Consulting Center – Sandanski (BICC – Sandanski) is a non-governmental organization with more than 17years of experience in the field of local economic development, supporting of SMEs, training and mentoring of entrepreneurs. BICC – Sandanski is a membership association. Currently the organization has 35 active members which includeprivate entrepreneurs, business organizations, SMEs and people related to business and economic development in the region. In addition BICC – Sandanski is a member of Enterprise Europe Network which is the largest business information and support organization in Europe.
During the years of its existence the organization has implemented various projects aimed at supporting the both the economic and social development of the region of South-West Bulgaria. The organization works to increase the competitiveness, competence, skills and knowledge of local companies and entrepreneurs by informing them about current economic and social topics through seminars, training courses, workshops, round tables, discussion forums, etc. BICC - Sandanski provides easy and quick access to competent and present day information and advice on opportunities and administrative requirements needed to start a new business and/or develop an existing one.
BICC – Sandanski employs nine staff members. All employees are full-time. The employees are specialized in different areas of economic development and the centre delivers a wide variety of business support services - Financial issues, IT, Environmental ussues, Eco-energy, Public-private relations, Quality Standards and Management, Project development and management, informal training initatives, etc.
Project Partner: Association Center for development and promotion PROMO IDEA – Strumica
Association Center for development and promotion PROMO IDEA – Strumica is a non-profit and non-government organization founded in 2007 with a mission to promote ideas for sustainable economic development of the community.
During the existence PROMO IDEA established successful cooperation with many domestic and international institutions, built meaningful partnerships with civil society organizations and developed a strong relationship with the business community.
Main objectives in the work programme of the association are identified as:
· Sustainable economic development of the community
· Development of human resources through qualitative formal and informal education
· Development and promotion of cultural values and events